I really enjoy baking but I don’t usually have much time to do it, but with Easter just around the corner, I thought it was the perfect time to bake some creme egg brownies…
However, with the cold weather, Dougie and I haven’t been able to go out and about as much as we usually do, so I decided to buy some flowers and make some yummy creme egg brownies in an attempt to remind the weather that it is now SPRING and Easter is coming…
- 5 creme eggs (or you can use oreo eggs, mini eggs, smarties – whatever takes your fancy!)
- 400g caster sugar
- 225g unsalted butter
- 60g cocoa powder
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 4 medium eggs
- 225g plain flour
- 0.5tsp baking powder
1. Cut the creme eggs in half, and put them in the freezer, ideally around 30 minutes before you start baking.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 180C / Gas Mark 4
3. Melt the butter and mix it with the sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla extract.
4. Once this is mixed together, add the eggs and mix.
Sift in the flour and the baking powder.
5. When it is all mixed together, put into a greased baking tin, mine was 8”x8”
6. Bake for around 20-25 minutes
7. After 20 minutes, take the brownies out of the oven and get your frozen creme eggs. Press them (and anything else you want – I added some mini eggs) into the top of the mixture and put back in the oven for 5 minutes. This way the chocolate goes deliciously gooey but doesn’t melt completely.
8. Leave to cool, cut into slices and eat!
Creme egg brownies are pretty easy to make and don’t take very long to bake. They also look amazing, especially when you add in colourful mini eggs (and obviously set them up with some flowers for a photoshoot once they’re cooled…)
If you try this recipe, I’d love to see what you create!